Connect With WoburnFacebookTwitter
Your GovernmentOur CommunityCity ServicesHow Do I
Click to Home

Go To Search
Labor Service
Labor service includes laborer positions and require the filing of an application with the city as well as interviews and background checks.Veterans receive first preference on labor service positions, and there is a residential preference in labor service hiring.

Labor service hiring is delegated to the cities and towns of the Commonwealth, and the Woburn Director of Human Resources is also the labor service director for the city. If a person would like to become a candidate for a labor service position, he or she should:
  1. Come to the City of Woburn Human Resources Department or the Mayor’s Office at City Hall to obtain an application for labor service positions or print a copy of the application from the website.
  2. Complete the application fully, including all information required on front and back, then submit it along with copies of any licenses or certifications (Commercial Driver's License, Water Treatment certifications, etc.) to the City’s Human Resources Department.
  3. Receive a letter from the Director of Human Resources after the application is processed to provide the labor service number he or she has been assigned.
  4. Respond to any interviews for labor service jobs sent by the city department regarding a job opening.